Patients & Visitors
The medical center welcomes visitors and understands the importance that a friendly visit plays in helping a patient recover. Regular medical center visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nurses may request that visitors leave the room at intervals.
Patients have the right to receive the visitors they designate. The medical center imposes reasonable restrictions on visitation rights where clinically dictated. St. Joseph does not discriminate against visitors on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Exceptions to regular medical center visiting hours include:
- Pediatrics. Parents of the child are welcome anytime. If the parents desire to stay overnight, arrangements can be made.
- Family Beginnings. Visiting hours are the same as the medical center. Immediate family members are welcome to visit at any time.
- Intensive care unit (ICU). Visiting is limited to two members of the immediate family at a time. Nurses may request family members to leave the room at intervals.
Medical center personnel will notify the patient (or the patient's support person) of any visitation restrictions and the reason for the restrictions.
Service and amenities available for visitors' comfort include lounges, the Elizabeth Gift Shop, convenient parking, the Carondelet House and cafeteria.
The cafeteria is open for family and friends between 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Breakfast: 6:30 to 10 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 to 7 p.m.
Drinks and snacks are available all day long. There are also vending machine, in the cafeteria and in various areas on all floors.
Back to top